Monday, February 13, 2012

Red Velvet Crinkle Heart Cookies

Anyone that is a fan of pinterest has probably seen and can certainly appreciate this quote: Thank you pinterest for helping me feel creative even though I've really just been sitting at my computer for 3 hours.

When I pinned this recipe for semi-homemade Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies from Two Peas and Their Pod. I decided to step away from the computer and start baking.


What stopped me from pinning and got me to baking is how easy this recipe seemed. In addition to a few staples you should already have in your pantry, the main component to this recipe, a box of red velvet cake mix. This is the kind of baking I can handle.


In addition to licking the beater blade,


my little helper also assisted in covering each ball of cake dough in powdered sugar.


Into the oven as round balls coated in powdered sugar, out of the oven chewy red crinkle cookies.


Even after baked, soft enough to cut out some heart shapes.


Even the scraps were pretty {and equally as delicious}.


So what has you inspired lately?

3 comments:

  1. I'd seen pics of these on Pinterest but didn't know that they were so easy to make. Cute and easy...that's my kind of project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it comes to baking, quick and easy is always a win win for me. Not only are these cute but they are also delicious. Thanks for the feedback!

      Delete
  2. Um. So. This post was STARING at me from under your most recent post. And I'm DYING HERE! Red Velvet FANATIC! I LOVE THIS!

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...